Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Reading Habits Tag


I thought I'd do something fun today on the blog. I'm going to do the Reading Habits tag! I've heard of this one and considered doing it on my BookTube but I've been so sick and am only now just feeling better so I thought I'd do the written version for now.

The Reading Habits Tag


1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 
Yes and no. I prefer to read in bed usually (morning and/or night) but I also like reading on the couch or in a chair. I'm not in "my own" place at the moment so this would probably change once I have my special chair back 😌

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Bookmark 90% of the time....I mean, I do run a shop that sells bookish things as well as bookmarks so it's not like they are hard to come by haha. But, there are occasions when I need something quick and I'll use whatever I can find.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? 
Ok, showing my weirdness here...I actually don't like to stop at chapter breaks for some reason. When I'm getting tired or have to put the book down, I'll usually pass a chapter break and then end a few pages after. And (usually) I stop on the right side a few paragraphs down. I'm strange...I realize that.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading? 
Yep! Often it's just coffee coffee coffee...but there are times where I'll manage to eat something while reading. I think: challenge accepted.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? 
I don't like to have the TV (or in my case Netflix/Hulu going) when I read. Occasionally, I'll listen to classical music but I prefer silence.

6. One book at a time or several at once? 
Several at once. I'm reading something like 5 books right now. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Yes. Always reading.

8. Reading out lout or silently in your head? 
In my head. Though...I will say that sometimes I happen to say phrases out loud, kind of like to test out how they would sound. I don't try to do this, it just happens.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? 
I will say generally no. BUT there have been times when my eyes have betrayed me and I've found them jumping to the end of a paragraph or page to see if a character's name pops up. It's bad and I try not to do this haha.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? 
I believe in reading your books. I will not purposefully break the spine BUT if I can't read it, then what's the point? I definitely error on the side of keeping my books pristine and clean.

11. Do you write in your books? 
No and yes? It depends on the book. If it's fiction, no. If it's non-fiction...usually yes.


That was such a fun tag! Now you've learned a little bit about my reading habits. For other bloggers and BookTubers, feel free to do the tag yourself if you'd like and make sure to share. For readers, what is your answer to one of these questions? 



*Thanks to AshhReads for the questions (I just happened to google this and her's was the first blog that popped up!). Not sure who originally came up with it...if you know, feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment